The Sagittarius is a long-range shield-breaking Dreadnought.
The Sagittarius is entirely focused on dealing extremely heavy shield damage at a distance. This Dreadnought is not commonly seen, but is very, very useful for crippling Starbases or ship Shields. Extremely useful when paired with ships such as the Ridgebreaker.
You enter the interior using a teleporter on the back of the ship. When you are inside the interior, you will see a pilot seat in front of you. In front of the seat, you will see three screens, the screen on the left shows the ship's status, the screen in the center just says "Loading..." in white text, and the screen on the right has a list of targets.
- Extremely effective against shields, as the full laser armament practically melts through them.
- Balanced and high health pool.
- Phasers deal massive damage.
- Long ranged Turrets, making it good for breaking Starbase shields during a siege.
- Slow for a Dreadnought.
- No Hull-focused weaponry.
- Vulnerable backside.
- Unable to effectively Siege a Starbase alone.
- Almost no effective self-defense from smaller Ships.
- Poor line of sight with the turrets.
- Should be used to tear down the Shields of Capital Ships/Starbases.
- During a siege, use it in conjunction with a Hull-breaker such as the Ridgebreaker.
- Stay as far away as possible from enemies so you can fire all 9 Turrets while being able to retreat safely.
- When in a Siege, open fire until the Shields are down, then leave. Don't risk using this to damage Hull because it isn't going to work.
- Use your Spinals; more than half of your damage output comes from them.
- Only use this if your team can support you effectively.
- When it was added into the game the Sagittarius was nerfed heavily from the original model, being stripped of two Light Flak Cannons, two Light Lasers, -450 Shield, -450 Hull, and 12 speed.
- Remodeled in an unknown version.
- Remodeled again in version .65b.
- Received 4 Long Range Lasers in version .66b, 1 Medium Flak Cannon replaced with 1 Long Range Laser.
- Explosion Size 160 ----> 650 .75a12
- Named after the Sagittarius constellation and zodiac sign.
- While the current model of the Sagittarius does resemble the Paris-Class Heavy Frigate from Halo series, it more closely resembles the Aggressor-class Star Destroyer of the Zann Consortium from Star Wars: Empire at War, Forces of Corruption DLC.
- 383 shield DPS, with 199.8 of that from the spinals.
- Contrary to the description, the ship has no small turrets.