Galaxypedia:Formatting Policy: Difference between revisions
(Converted page into an overview for the sub-pages.)
m (Changed protection settings for "Galaxypedia:Formatting Policy": Staff only page: Adjusting protection settings to include new sub-pages. ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)) [cascading])
Latest revision as of 06:24, 14 July 2022
This page is about the format that should be followed when creating/editing pages any types of entities in Galaxy. Please view the bottom of the page for the respective available formatting policies for specific entity types. However, if you have not already done so: please read the Terms of Service, as this is not a replacement for that.
Note: The formatting policy may be subject to change. Please check this page every now and then to see if there are any changes.
Basic Editing Do's and Don'ts
- Do proofread your edits before you publish them.
- Don't put inaccurate or unverified information on a page unless otherwise noted with a question mark (?).
- Do contact Galaxypedia Staff if you encounter a problem while editing or have any questions.
- Don't start or intervene in hostile arguments on discussion pages. If you do see such a thing happening, contact Galaxypedia staff right away.
This goes without saying, but never put your personal opinions on any informational (any non-discussion) page! The Galaxypedia's informational pages serve only as an article of information from which the reader is able to make their own decisions and conclusions based on the information; not articles holding opinionated information which then spreads the personal bias to others. This is also stated in the Galaxypedia Terms of Service: General Editing Guidelines. An example of subjective information: "The Zhen, while powerful, is more expensive than your average dreadnought. You would be better off buying a dreadnought instead."
The only time you may put subjective information on a page is if it is acceptable within the editing format used for the type of page or related to the article topic, and there is some type of clearly visible disclaimer stating that the information is subjective. If you are unsure whether or not you can put subjective information on a page, do not hesitate to contact Galaxypedia Staff.
Need help getting familiar with the source editor?
Visit the MediaWiki Editing Help page to get started, or contact Galaxypedia Staff.
- Ships Formatting Policy: The format for Ships.
- Planets Formatting Policy: The format for Planets.
- Clans/Player Factions Formatting Policy: The format for Clans.