This ship is unobtainable and can only be used by NPCs.
The Bruiser is an Alien AI ship roughly equivalent to a Destroyer.
The Bruiser is an Alien AI ship first added as a part of the Kneall fleet in the Alien AI update, along with a few others like the Outrider and Scout. It is the Alien equivalent of a Destroyer.
It will stay 500–1000 away from its target, turning around at the maximum distance and heading back towards the target ship. This is oddly close for an Alien, as it makes it an easy target to hit with spinals and turrets.
- Its health is primarily shield-based, so shield-breaking ships with laser turrets or phaser spinals are particularly effective.
- Watch out for its spinals, as it can fire them backwards.
- If using a small ship try to get above it so its spinals and turrets cannot hit you.
- You can also use an AA/Support ship to easily defeat it.
- Bruiser wrecks give 120 Alien Parts and 1 Bruiser Part.
- A crashed bruiser can be seen on Myriad III.
- Before the update of .67c the alien bruiser could only be spawned with a quest at Frion's Lucifer Station. Now it spawns naturally along with other Alien enemy ships like the Outrider.
- Only 3 Bruisers can be spawned in a server at any time.
- One of the only ships to have intentionally backwards-firing spinals.