The Dimensional Cache is a quest that gives the item Dimensional Alloy, and is currently the only source.
Archive is the quest giver NPC that allows players to start Quest 201, "Dimensional Cache". which allows players to acquire the 12 counts of "Dimensional Alloy" which is required to build exceptionally powerful ships.
Archive looks like a small interface on a wall of 'ancient ruins' with a resemblance of a sort of advanced round camera. This interface mentions the Golden Age and gives gifts if the quest is completed.
The Items that the quest needs to make 10 Dimensional Alloys are the following:
- 12 Armored Plating
- 50000 Credits
- 1 Antimatter Shard
Archive is found deep inside Aqueous II in a foggy cave, in which it's entrance is in one of the cracks in one of the Planet's side near Terminal A, a statue of Sean Morabito and a wreck of a Wyrm.
Once the entrance is found, players can then walk into the crack and be teleported deep inside the planet. The fog is dense inside the cave as seen in the one of the pictures. The player must walk along a maze and choose the right paths to reach an ancient ruined structure where the Archive NPC can be found and accessed. To navigate the maze, the player at the start takes a right turn, then walk over one bridge, then take a left turn, then walk straight forward (Beware of broken planks, jump over them).
- The Red circle in the guide highlights the Statue and the Wyrm wreck and the Green circle highlights the crack to where to entrance to the cave is.
- When Aqueous II is upgraded to Level 2 or higher, the Wyrm wreck will disappear.
Archive: <THESE RUINS ARE REMNANTS OF A GOLDEN AGE>
Archive: <WE CAN BESTOW YOU GIFTS AT A PRICE>
Player: What kind of gifts?
Archive: <THE GIFTS ARE YOURS TO DISCOVER>
Player receives quest #201, "Dimensional Cache".
When speaking with Archive again,
Player: Here you are...
Archive: <THE GIFTS OF THE GOLDEN AGE ARE NOW YOURS>
If player has the required items, they will receive 10 counts of the item "Dimensional Alloy" as a reward.
- The quest giver looks almost identical to the Nautilus's control panel.
- Dimensional alloys used to drop from Punishers and other Aliens in an unknown version, but was quickly reverted.
- Dimensional alloys were used in the quest Enigma Cache, which was a controversial quest.