The Prospector is a Freighter-Class ship that has the fifth highest cargo capacity for its class. It is slightly faster than the Hercules, making it a good choice for traders who want a faster ship as a backup for the Hercules.
The Prospector is entered through a metal door on the back that leads to a larger room. To the left of the entrance is a set of three crates, a bed, and a small nightstand with a decal and lamp on it. Stairs to the right of the bed lead up to a bridge with a decorated pilot's seat and three yellow screens.
- Faster than the Hercules.
- 6th largest Cargo Hold of all Freighters.
- A good choice for those that like to trade safely, as smaller Freighters are targeted less often.
- Somewhat slow.
- A target for Pirates.
- Low health for its price.
- Make sure to trade in a neutral Faction that hopefully has strong allies. If there are none, go to a new server. If all servers have Factions all at War, try Trading close to the Mega Base instead.
- Go to the Mega Base when it is safe. Always check your route if you're in a war. There might be a Pirate or two waiting for you.
- Check how far away the closest Alien is and where it is heading.
- Received buffs in .61e4 that doubled Hull and Shields, and gave the ship some damage resistance.
- Buffed in .65b - Shield increased from 700 to 1200, Hull increased from 1050 to 1500, Cargo Hold increased from 1000 to 1750, price increased somewhat. Also received a remodel.
- In version .75a10, the ship was put offsale.
- You can make back what you spent buying this ship quickly by Trading.
- Originally called The Crowbar.
- The description is a reference towards the first model of the ship.
- Has a limited, stronger, and more expensive version, the Clauspector.
- The Prospector looks like a smaller version of the Prepravca.
- Originally, the Prospector was the largest ship in the game until it was dethroned by the Hercules.