This page contains incomplete images. If anyone can update the page with images from the front, sides, and back, please do so. Once the images have been corrected, this notice can be removed.
The Prospector is a light Freighter with a focus on Hull health.
The Prospector is a Freighter-Class ship that has the fifth highest cargo capacity for its class. It is slightly faster than the Hercules, making it a good choice for traders who want a faster ship as a backup for the Hercules.
The Prospector is entered through a metal door on the back that leads to a larger room. To the left of the entrance is a set of three crates, a bed, and a small nightstand with a decal and lamp on it. Stairs to the right of the bed lead up to a bridge with a decorated pilot's seat and three yellow screens.
- Faster than the Hercules.
- 6th largest Cargo Hold of all Freighters.
- A good choice for those that like to trade safely, as smaller Freighters are targeted less often.
- Somewhat slow.
- A target for Pirates.
- Low health for its price.
- Make sure to trade in a neutral Faction that hopefully has strong allies. If there are none, go to a new server. If all servers have Factions all at War, try Trading close to the Mega Base instead.
- Go to the Mega Base when it is safe. Always check your route if you're in a war. There might be a Pirate or two waiting for you.
- Check how far away the closest Alien is and where it is heading.
- Received buffs in .61e4 that doubled Hull and Shields, and gave the ship some damage resistance.
- Buffed in .65b - Shield increased from 700 to 1200, Hull increased from 1050 to 1500, Cargo Hold increased from 1000 to 1750, price increased somewhat. Also received a remodel.
- In version .75a10, the ship was put offsale.
- Unretired in version .76d
- You can make back what you spent buying this ship quickly by Trading.
- Originally called The Crowbar.
- The description is a reference towards the first model of the ship.
- Has a limited, stronger, and more expensive version, the Clauspector.
- The Prospector looks like a smaller version of the Prepravca.
- Originally, the Prospector was the largest ship in the game until it was dethroned by the Hercules.