The Radiance is a long ship with a barrel on the front and engines on the back. The whole front of the ship is taken up by the Large Cannon, with ridges on either side. The four Lasers are mounted on the top, bottom, and sides of the center area of the ship.
Once you go through the main entrance (in the back of the ship) you will see a long hallway with two or three different rooms. The end of the hallway opens to a small room from which the pilot controls the ship.
- Turret placement leaves it with no blind spots.
- Laser and Phaser arsenal burns down shields.
- Great as an escort.
- Very effective against pirating ships.
- Good maneuverability.
- Lacks anti-Hull weaponry, making it ineffective against hulled ships.
- Lacks long-range weaponry; can only effectively attack anything within 4000 studs or less.
- Cannot focus all Turrets on 1 target unless they are directly ahead.
- Slightly lower health than other Battlecruisers.
- Decent for ship-to-ship combat, provided backup is available or it can tank long enough to make up for its lacking Hull damage.
- Great for dealing with medium-sized, high-shield ships, such as the Zero, Sixfold, or Cobra.
- Similar in weaponry to the Dire Wolf, the Radiance is more optimized for dealing with smaller ships, while the Dire Wolf can fight better against larger ships.
- This ship pairs well with the Razor Wing as it shreds shield while the Razor Wing is a hull destroyer.
- 4 Light Lasers replaced with 2 Medium Lasers in .64d. Also gained 300 more shield health.
- Received a remodel in version .66n.
- Some may see this as an old ship.
- This ship is rarely seen used, even among new players.
- This ship was a fairly common sight in early galaxy