This page is
The Azrael is a mid-range turret-focused variant of the Abaddon.
This ship excels at providing firepower support in fleets against capital ships and Diving Ships with it's extremely high firepower.
The Azrael is a very futuristic and slim dreadnought with many fins jutting out of the ship, similar to the Abaddon. At the front are its 6 Spinal Barrels which gives off an effect. The Ship's design somewhat resembles an aquatic creature.
The Azrael shares the same interior as the Abaddon and Lucifer, with a black, foggy hallway. At the front, there is a yellow glowing orb with electricity coming out of it, and in front of it there is yellow text that says "SANCTION AZREAL ONLINE". This is not a typo, the ship used to be called the Azreal, spelled wrong, but was later changed.
- Extremely high firepower for a Dreadnought.
- Has a thin structure making it rather difficult to hit with weapons when facing towards an opponent.
- Fantastic for PvP against other Capital ships due to its firepower.
- Good maneuverability for a Dreadnought with a turn speed of 0.17.
- Must be facing towards the target to use all weapons.
- Azrael's Spinals have poor arcs and they can be difficult to get used to.
- Large Blindspots underneath and on the back of the ship.
- Extremely expensive for a Dreadnought, having high Material Costs and costing a Class B Permit.
- The extremely loud ambient noises can be heard from almost all across the map.
- Try not to engage small Ships, as your Turrets are not accurate enough to hit them.
- Use the high firepower on this ship to dive and chase down vulnerable or isolated Capital Ships.
- It is very good at brawling other Capital ships, with strong Turret firepower and high turnspeed.
- It cannot support itself well without a fleet, so try staying in a fleet.
- Avoid swarms of small, agile ships; your turrets aren't accurate enough to hit and destroy them, on top of your size and maneuverability making easy for the swarms to stay in your blind-spots. Bring support ships if possible to protect yourself.
- DPS lowered by 40% in version .66b
- 3 Large Cannons and 3 Large Phasers changed to huge variants in version .69a2.
- 1 Azreal Dagger changed to 1 Dual Medium Cannon in version .71b.
- Hulled buffed by 1 and turret loadout changed in version .72c20.
- Turret loadout changed from 2 Azreal's Daggers, 3 Azreal Lasers, 4 Azreal Cannons to 1 Azreal's Dagger, 4 Azreal Cannons, 2 Azreal Lasers, 2 Azreal's Blades in version .72d.
- Spinal count increased from 3/3 to 5/5 in version .73a.
- Explosion Size 300 ----> 910 .75a12
- Azrael is based off the angel of death, Azrael, but the ship name is a misspelling of the mythological entity its based on.
- The first person to lose an Azrael was Edgar_Zone to jay4444444444's Abaddon.
- The ship is blue, but it has an orange spinal focused counterpart, the Abaddon.
- Before the nerf when it was first released., it was able to solo and defeat Super Capital Ships.
- One of the many Ships with an ambience.
- There is a recoloured, NPC version of this ship made for the 2020 Halloween event, the Alien Rift Guardian and Custodian.
- Both the ambience of Azrael and Abaddon can be heard 200k studs away.
- Was renamed from Azreal to Azrael in an unknown version.