The Black Scarab is a pirate-themed Dreadnought given as a quest reward during the Halloween Event 2020. It is rather unique among ships in that it is themed after a traditional sea-based vessel rather than a spaceship, as evidenced by its deck, mast, and the ram positioned below the bow. Otherwise, its theming is largely black and red, with smokestacks positioned to the rear of the ship and large banks of thrusters attached to the bottom left and right sides. Pipes can also be seen running along the sides of the ship above a set of smaller fins.
The Black Scarab has a semi-full interior that contains a passageway to and from the AA guns and the entrance, leading up into the helm of the ship. The helm of the ship is very basic with wood paneling, a seat, and a steering column that overlooks the front of the ship.
- One of the fastest Dreadnoughts in the game at a whopping top speed of 220.
- High speed combined with above-average health make this ship very resilient against powerful but inaccurate turrets such as those of most Super-capitals.
- Very high maneuverability for its class.
- Can fire all turrets from up to 7k from a target.
- Both its Pirate AAs & Pirate PDLs can easily fend off smaller ships, having quick reloads and great accuracy.
Your enemies will be jealous of your sweet pirate-ship.
- Very expensive, costing a C permit when in rotation.
- Cannot be obtained when out of rotation.
- Mediocre DPS for a Limited Dreadnought, lower even than some build menu Battleships.
- This ship has a very large blind spot underneath, which small ships are going to exploit.
- Smallest cargo hold out of all Dreadnoughts, at a very meagre 3.
- Firing all the turrets at once requires the ship to be below its opponent or tilted downward relative to it, making it a larger target.
- Position yourself somewhat below your enemies to allow usage of all the turrets.
- Best used as a support/AA due to the high speed of this ship combined with the very accurate guns that can hit up to 7k away.
- When facing larger opponents, maintain speed and distance to dodge enemy fire and stay in your opponents blindspots.
- Don't use this ship alone. The Limited status in combination with relatively low DPS make you a major target.
- Added teleporters in version .69d
- Explosion Size 250 ----> 850 .75a12
- Ship speed 80 ---> 220, Pirate flak range 3k---> 7k and accuracy buffed to 40k, 2 Pirate Lasers changed to 2 Pirate Point Defence Lasers(also have 7k range and 40k accuracy) .???
- The total DPS of this ship used to surpass both the Prototype X-1 and X-2 pre super-capital rerelease update.
- The only Dreadnought to resemble a boat more than a spaceship.
- Literally a Dreadnought Aedes according to Revy.
- The first person to lose this ship first was thedante6 to abc123austinp on 2020-10-30.