The Carvainir is a Battleship designed for looting shipwrecks.
The ship docks with the front of the ship facing the terminal. Players can walk forward through the entrance door to find a large lobby filled with detail. On the left and right of the entrance are two signs with quotes on them. The quotes are: "Five letter word for happiness? "Money" and "We shall not refuse our guests even the most ridiculous request." When you walk forward you will see three walkways; the one in front leads to a tall ladder that goes up to the pilot's seat, the one on the right leads to a meeting room with a table and some chairs, and the one to the left leads to a small office room with some desks and chairs in it. If you jump off the main path, you will find a large workspace with a hologram that stretches around the entire area, with lots of office chairs around it. Finally, there is a huge hologram-orb in the center that looks like a power core of some sort.
- Can fend off weak Alien and Pirate Ships with its Turrets and Spinals.
- Great health for a Battleship, being higher than a couple of Dreadnoughts.
- Decent firepower.
- Incredibly detailed and large interior, assuming you care about interiors.
- Good cargo hold for a Battleship.
- Vulnerable topside.
- Can be easily out-gunned by more heavily armed ships.
- When facing enemies frontally, only a few cannons will be capable of engaging.
- Most expensive Battleship.
- Poor at combat against other ships of its class.
- Rather large, making it easier for Spinals and Turrets to hit.
- Warp to the wreck you wish to loot. If there is an enemy, quickly fire at them, but focus on getting the loot. Warp out once you get it.
- Do not engage on Dreadnoughts or Capital Ships if possible.
- Try not to trade using this ship.
- Never use this to raid a base, as it lacks the firepower and is a big target.
- Using the Turrets on the Carvanir, you can warp to the nearest Alien or Pirate and engage it. Once you destroy the target, you can easily loot it and move over to the next one. You can then sell that to the Mega Base for credits or transfer to warehouse. Keep in mind that the target can outrun you, warping to keep up with it is key to keep your turrets in range.
- Roll over for your turrets to face upwards, or try to get above of your enemies to allow your cannons to engage. This may be disorienting when attempting to aim your Spinals.
- Use this ship to bait Pirates at Mega Base and finish them off.
- Received a remodel in .61g.
- Received 250 more Cargo Hold and another remodel in .61h(?).
- Stats changed in .63h to add 1000 to Shield/Hull, Top Speed lowered from 85 to 75, and the price increased.
- Was reclassed from Battleship to Freighter in .66b.
- VIP Gamepass requirement was removed in version .66b.
- 2 Large Cannons downsized to 2 Medium Cannons in an unknown version.
- Shields increased from 2300 to 3500, 2 Medium Flak Cannons added, 2 Light Lasers changed to 2 Light Flak Cannons and 2 Medium Lasers changed to 2 Triple Heavy Lasers in version .70a.
- Reclassed from Freighter to Battleship in version .71b.
- The Carvainir was the very first Freighter to have armaments.
- One of the rarest ships in the game, as few people notice or use them, as well as it being much too expensive for most players.
- Previously the first Battleship to require a VIP Gamepass.
- The 2 Quotes on the walls of the first and current model are from Mr. Krabs in the cartoon SpongeBob SquarePants. The quotes are: "Five letter word for happiness? Money" and "We shall not refuse our guests even the most ridiculous request."
- The name 'Carvainir' was provided by farterbotz the ex-Shipmaster. It was submitted as 'Caravan'.
- The Carvainir was the only freighter to have Spinals.
- The Carvainir was once one of the four freighters to have Turrets, with the other being the Constellation, the Patriotic Hercules and the C Class.
- It used the most powerful weapons in its class.
- Infobox on the right shows Carvainir's old models: