The Nightmare is an incredibly fast and highly maneuverable Destroyer and the only one equipped with Auto-Cannons. On top of that, its damage profile is balanced out between Shields and Hull, so it can easily adapt to combating enemy ships. It also can defend against unbalanced ships, and escape easily if all else fails.
The Nightmare's interior is a single black seat when you step into the cockpit.
- Has special Turrets that completely shred small ships.
- Amazing DPS for a Destroyer, being higher than some Dreadnoughts.
- Very fast, and highly maneuverable.
- Powerful Spinals for its class.
- Deals balanced damage to Shields and Hull.
- Can reliably fight big and small ships alike with its amazing armament and speed.
- Flat design makes it harder to hit.
- Can easily hide in blind spots of slower, larger ships while dealing high damage.
- Small spinals reload and move quickly, making it easier to deal great damage when dogfighting.
- Higher DPS than the Zhen, for less than half the price.
- One of the most expensive Destroyers so far at 100,000 credits, 1 ascension crystal and 5 plasma batteries.
- Vulnerable underbelly, but not a major concern for skilled pilots because of the Turn Speed.
- Has a mere 1200 total health, meaning it won't last long under heavy fire.
- Advanced ship; if you lose it, it's gone until it comes back into rotation.
- Can be destroyed with little difficulty by ships with precision weapons.
- This ship excels at dogfighting: due to its Speed and Turn Speed, it can pick at its targets with less risk of taking high damage from the likes of the Spectre or other Spinal-based ships.
- The Nightmare is quite literally a "Nightmare" for any stray Miner or Freighter due to its fantastic agility.
- If a ship with high-accuracy Turrets starts picking at your health, don't hesitate. Warp to quickly reposition yourself in a weak spot and use your exceptional Turn Speed to stay positioned in this spot.
- Because the spinal barrel placement is more widespread, use A and D to tilt your ship to make sure you hit the most Spinals possible.
- Be extremely cautious around ships like the Ampharos, their turrets will easily shred you.
- Always target slow, inaccurate ships. They usually have multiple blind spots and difficulty hitting smaller ships like the Nightmare.
- Use this ship in swarms to completely obliterate slow ships like most carriers.
- When fighting carriers, hide in the fighter bay and use your spinals. If they warp a short distance, quickly move into another blind spot or warp away.
- Re-Introduced in Version .74b14 with a cost of 60k Credits and 4 Plasma batteries.
- Top Speed reduced from 290 to 250 shortly after it being introduced as of version .64f.
- Disabled along with all other Advanced Ships (previously identified as Artifact Ships) in version .65a (?).
- Re-enabled in version .65b, but cost increased dramatically to 150,000 Credits.
- Made partially limited in version .66b due to the Advanced Ship Rotations.
- Re-introduced in the October 2019 Advanced Ship rotation.
- Turn speed reduced from 0.9 to 0.75 in version .66b.
- Received a remodel and custom turrets in version .66j3.
- Made available with every other advanced ship (except Osiris) for a month in version .69e.
- Price increased to 150k in version .69e.
- 1 Compact Advanced AutoLaser and 1 Compact Advanced AutoCannon removed in version .69e.
- Price increased yet again to 275k in version .69e.
- Re-enabled in version .72d with a new cost of 1 antimatter shard and 125k credits.
- Price nerfed to 60k credits and 5 plasma batteries in an unknown version.
- Price Increased to 100k credits 5 plasma batteries and 1 ascension crystal in version .75a5.
- It's one of the few extremely expensive "Advanced Ships" in the game, the others being the Atheon, Zhen, the Osiris, the Galaxy, the Helios, and the Imperator as of now.
- Has the greatest Turn Speed compared to all other ships in the game.
- During a while when the Nightmare was re-released, selling this ship would have given a negative credit value, meaning that you needed to pay to lose the ship. This may also apply to getting it destroyed. This is because the ship had Debt Tokens used in the 'construction'. They were dropped if you wanted to loot one.
- The current model was submitted as a Zhen remodel.
- It's stats make it a Zhen with slightly higher turn speed and (much) lower health, and no Torpedoes.
- More dps than the Atheon or the Zhen