The Retro Nyx is a limited version of the original Nyx featuring the ship's old model, and original fighters, some of the stats are somewhat different than the Nyx (e.g. higher speed, higher total health, etc.).
The interior, as the ship's name would expect, is the old model of the Nyx, there is not much to explain about the interior since it uses the old model.
- Huge total health, at 28000 total health (and the damage resistance of 55%).
- Relatively high acceleration, turn speed, and top speed for it's class.
- Relatively high Cargo Hold (1000).
- Extremely large death explosion can easily destroy all smaller ships in range (~5000 studs).
- Somewhat lower cargo hold than its regular counterpart.
- Players can easily swarm an undefended Retro Nyx.
- Very large.
- Very expensive, costing over 540k credits.
- Struggles against smaller and faster ships.
- Massive explosion size could result in harm to friendly ships.
- Can easily be destroyed by multiple Dreadnoughts.
- This ship requires cooperation to be properly utilized.
- Sometimes ignored by teammates, leaving nobody to pilot the Fighters.
- Will be hunted due to being a limited ship.
- Low turret dps compared to other limited carriers.
- Very expensive to fill up it's fighter's with AI pilots costing 3000 robux without VIP to fill.
- No Spinals.
- Use most of the strategies that the Nyx can use.
- The Retro Nyx can tank more than a normal Nyx, but this is not recommended as the Retro Nyx is a limited carrier and will be targeted and hunted.
- Turnspeed reduced from 0.25 to 0.17, Health reduced from 16500/14500 to 13500/12000 in version .73a3
- Retro Heavy Laser count reduced from 3 to 2 in version .73a3.
- Health increased from 13500/12000 to 16000/12000 after the event ended.
- Interior reverted to original nyx interior but this caused the ship to be unable to turn rendering it useless until a fix.
- Interior reverted to original interior and thus allowing to be turned rendering it actually capable of combat in version .73f.
- yname was the first to lose this to yname's Starbase.