Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Helios is a very fast and hard-hitting Battleship.
There is a teleport pad, which teleports you to a black room with a pilot's chair which is essentially a nice looking chair in a box.
- Very high damage output with its advanced Turrets and Spinals for a Battleship, being higher than most Dreadnoughts.
- Fast and flat, allowing for easier dodging and reduced damage when Drifting.
- Insanely fast for a Battleship, having a top speed of 200.
- Large Cargo Hold for a Battleship
- Speed, Maneuverability, and Firepower all make up for the Helios' lack of hull integrity.
- Massive hull damage, higher than the Ridgebreaker.
- Very weak Hull.
- Weaker against, and capable of being easily destroyed by shield shredding targets.
- Requires an alternate form of drifting(known as "vertical drifting") to effectively drift; which may make you an easier target to hit for an opposing pilot with decent Spinal aim.
- When the Helios is not in rotation, you cannot get it again after you lose it until the next rotation.
- Expensive cost and Advanced classification makes for a high priority target.
- Use your high mobility to out maneuver most Ships and obliterate Dreadnoughts and Battleships with ease.
- Drift to minimize the damage you receive.
- Don't attack large fleets that can shoot accurately enough to counter your speed.
- This Ship is good for Pirating bigger Miners and Freighters.
- Avoid Shield Breakers such as the Zeus, as they will break your Shields and destroy you easily.
- Warp away as soon as you can BEFORE you get your Shields destroyed because of your extremely low Hull.
- Be wary when attacking ships larger than Dreadnoughts as their powerful weaponry could easily tear you apart.
- A powerful counter to small siege fleets, as most siege ships have very inaccurate Turrets.
- Warp into fights later, your low health and high hull damage make it a better option for survival and kill stealing.
- Effective against pirates due to the high speed, high hull damage, flat shape, and shield based health.
- Like other Advanced Ships it is extremely effective in swarms. Gather a few more of this ship for extremely devastating DPS capable of quickly destroying almost any normal ship.
- Added in .66b
- Max speed decreased from 160 to 145, Phaser size reduced from Huge to Large, spinal firing interval increased from 0.01/0.1s (Cannon/Phaser) to 0.4/0.4s.
- Shield buffed from 4000 to 4750, Cannon/Phaser interval decreased from 0.4/0.4s to 0.1/0.2s in version .66c.
- Made available with every other advanced ship (except Osiris) for a month in version .69e.
- Price increased by $400,000 credits in version .69e.
- Price increased yet again by $500,000 credits in version .69e.
- Version .72f buffed the speed of the Helios from 135 to 175.
- Both spinal count increased by 1, acceleration increased to 50, turn speed increased to 0.45, speed increased from 175 to 185, put on the build menu for the month (Osiris would be taken offsale due to this) in version .73a3.
- Named after the Greek sun god Helios.
- First player to lose a Helios was DanXD911 to Dalencylo.
- Very similar to the EvE Online ship ‘Orthus ’
- Was once in rotation at the same place where May's Ship, the Imperator was on sale at the U.N.E base in the second "ring"(when?).
- The longest ship in rotation? (Time)
- Assuming that you hit all your Spinals and the Turrets don't miss, it will destroy a M Class in about 15 seconds? (DPS)