This article describes an NPC boss ship. For the player ship with an identical appearance, see Obliterator.
The Decimator is a large, powerful Alien ship that can be extremely dangerous if not handled carefully. This monstrosity of a Dreadnought has AA guns, making it well-equipped at destroying small and large targets alike. Though it deals immense damage towards both shield and hull, it is generally better at damaging hull, as most of its weapons are railguns and contains 8 Huge Torpedos with a 200 second interval.
There is a large weak spot behind the ship where little firepower (or no firepower against small ships) is at use. A powerful and agile capital ship such as the Leviathan can exploit this weakness to deal heavy damage to a Decimator, while a small ship such as the Aeaphiel can exploit this weakness without getting hit if the Decimator is undefended.
You may also try brute-forcing the kill, but in order to do that, you would need a ship with incredible firepower and health, such as a Supercapital.
Luring it to a starbase can work, but even maxed out starbases struggle to take down a Decimator, especially due to the 200 second interval Huge Torpedos.
The wreck of a Decimator contains 550 Alien Parts and 3 Plasma Batteries.
- Spawns disabled during parts of the 2021 Fourth of July Event (.72e).
- Gained 8 Huge Torpedos with a 200 second interval in version .73c10.
- Is capable of decimating ships and starbases alike with the aid of a fleet.
- Was originally hinted in the Judgement's description
- The second AI boss ship to not be added during an event (After Kodiak).
- Here is a video of a Decimator being destroyed
- Has a similar ship icon to the Rift Guardian and Rift Custodian.
- It will always answer Punisher's call when the Punisher is present.
- This ship has the highest spinal interval, coming at a insanely high 200 second interval from the 8 Huge Torpedos, even though the spinal dps is literally 411.