Swarmers will attempt to stay around 3 to 3.5K studs away from whatever they are attacking and may move below Ships to maintain their turret's line of sight. When attacking a slow or stationary target, they are often seen moving back and forth in mostly straight lines. They have a tendency to go underneath Ships to make it hard for main Turrets to hit.
Swarmers will always answer a call from an Alien Punisher when it is attacking any player or Starbase. Hordes of Swarmers can easily destroy Starbases, even if said Starbase is the maximum level. Even if the Punisher or ship they were called to was destroyed, the leftover fleet stays, unless they are called to another Alien ship. Additionally, it appears that spawning Swarmers, along with Bruisers and Outriders, will still go to a calling Punisher's location for a few minutes even after it is destroyed.
Swarmers drop 10 Alien Parts.
- Has a Laughable Explosion value of 8
- The Swarmer got a remodel in version .65a6.
- The Swarmer has a purple trail.
- If the player that is attacking them Warps away, they will likely not follow and will go away, or if in a fleet, scatter.
- Swarmers are often seen as nuisances more than threats to many players (although can still be dangerous in fleets or against low-health Miners.
- Old models can be seen here:
- Received a Halloween remodel for the 2019 Halloween Event, receiving a brown icon and a recolor to a brown/orange combination, eventually being removed for lag issues.
- At the same time, the Swarmer Received 25 Uranium as its drop for the 2019 Halloween Event, then being increased to 75 Uranium, becoming very if not extremely profitable.
- The Swarmer received an update in .66b in which the Tiny Alien Laser received a reload decrease to 0.2 seconds and 2 damage, meaning large amounts of these ships will cause lag in older/slower devices.
- Based on its loot, a Swarmer would take the following materials to build: 140 Silicate, 113 Carbon, 27 Iridium, 27 Adamantine, 13 Palladium, 20 Titanium, 20 Quantium, and 500 Uranium. It would have a build cost of 23,240 Credits, 20,500 of which is the 500 Uranium.
- Unlike the Bruiser, Outrider and Punisher, there is no limit to how many can be spawned in a server at any time. However, the alien spawn limit of 20 still applies.
- A video exists with at least 100 Swarmers present on the map, made by Sean Morabito: Link
- REDIRECT Template:Picture Infobox