The Obliterator is a Dreadnought themed off of the Decimator, but with different stats than the ship it is derived from. The Quest to obtain the Obliterator requires 20k Silicate, 15k Carbon, 10k Iridium, 1k Adamantite, 1k Palladium, 1k Titanium, 1k Quantium, 2.5k Alien Parts, 5 Alien Devices, 1 Kneall Cores, and 1 Obliterator Shield Systems.
This ship is ideal at providing firepower support in fleets against capital ships and Diving Ships with it's extremely high firepower.
The Obliterator is a mid-sized Dreadnought with shaping and design extremely similar to the Prototype X-2 and the Annihilator, with neon pink and green outlines and dark grey coloring. It has 4 small wings located at the back of the ship with a small, non-functional barrel attached to them. At the back has its 6 thrusters which looks extremely similar to the thrusters of the Prototype X-2 and the old model of the MRLS Launcher.
The Interior of the Obliterator is well detailed, and consists of a pilot seat identical to that seen on Prototype X-2. There is a large wall at the front embedded in force field material, imprinted on it is "WELCOME, USER!"(like the Prototype X-2) and the Kneall faction symbol. There is also a scrolling sidebar of text near the top of the front wall, informing the pilot of alien ships in the immediate area that UNE is offering a 700,000 credit reward for the successful capture of said ships. To the right of the pilot seat contains a board similar to that seen in the Mega Base for translating Kneall text to English, and to the left contains miscellaneous pictures of objects; including but not limited to: a diagram of a Kneall mechanical soldier (the ones you see at Aqueous II when it is level 1), and an image of a pizza slice holding balloons with a text description similar to the style of a documented SCP object. The back of the interior has a blast door behind some more strange force field material, although the teleporter to get out of the ship is located in front of the door. At the front wall, there is text written in alien language, spelling out "DECIMATOR" but backwards.
- Incredibly high turn speed of 0.28 makes repositioning for line of sight easier.
- Very high Turret firepower for a Dreadnought.
- DPS higher than most Dreadnoughts and even some Super Capitals.
- Good balanced health, similar to that of the Osiris.
- Great Spinal firepower.
- Has an overwhelming effectiveness in PvP against other Capital Ships, aside from very agile ships like the Cyber Leviathan, or the Helios.
- Little to no firepower on the backside of the ship.
- This ship struggles to be effective against ships any smaller than a Battleship without the help of good spinal aim, due to the very inaccurate turrets and their extremely poor tracking accuracy against moving targets.
- Must be somewhat facing forward towards an enemy to have all turrets hit and to aim spinals.
- Extremely expensive for a Dreadnought, requiring numerous materials such as Kneall Cores, Obliterator Shield Systems, and Alien Devices.
- Use your fast turn speed to your advantage by covering your blind-spots and quickly repositioning yourself.
- You can brawl and overpower against other capital ships with this, but be very wary of any surprise attacks from their team. Even with significant support you will likely be chased until you are destroyed.
- Try not to engage small Ships, as your Turrets are not accurate enough to hit them.
- It cannot support itself well without a fleet, so try staying in a fleet.
- Use the high firepower on this ship to dive and chase down vulnerable or isolated Capital Ships.
- Watch out for swarms of small ships, as the ship is very vulnerable to them due to the inaccurate turrets.
- Don't be reckless with this ship; due to its power and expense, it is a high priority target.
- Spinal firing interval nerfed from 0.1 seconds to 0.2 seconds on both spinals shortly after release of the ship in an unknown version.
- Health buffed from 8500 shields to 9000 shields and hull from 6000 to 7000. In return, the obliterator lost 2 auto kneall lasers but gained 2 huge spinal phasers and 2 huge spinal cannons in an unknown version
- Ambience was changed in version .75a3.
- Explosion Size 450 ----> 800 .75a12
- Has an extremely similar interior with the Annihilator.
- The Obliterator has trails, but is not visible because of an unknown bug.
- This ship has been referred to as the "Player Decimator".
- The first person to lose an Obliterator was MessHerUp to a Starbase's Starhunter.
- One of the pictures on the left wall in the interior is an image of the Chad Swarmer, an Admin Ship.
- A good method of getting alien parts requires waiting at mega base for somebody to sell some, and quickly buying them. Another option is asking for some, or simply hunting many, many aliens.
- The quest for the Kneall Core can be found at the Nautilus wreck via the quest The Last Signal, the quest for Dimensional Alloy can be found at Dimensional Cache, and the quest for Thrust Components can be found at the Leviathan Wreck.
- Obliterator, along with Kraken were supposed to be Limited ships. However, when they got removed, it caused a massive outrage in the community. So the developers had to concede and re-add these ships. Currently, even after half a year of being available, there is no plan of making Obliterator and Kraken off-sale.