The Obliterator is a Dreadnought themed off of the Decimator with Alien turrets, but with different stats than the ship it is derived from.
The Interior of the Obliterator is well detailed, and consists of a pilot seat identical to that seen on Prototype X-2. There is a large wall at the front embedded in force field material, imprinted on it is "WELCOME, USER!"(like the Prototype X-2) and the Kneall faction symbol. There is also a scrolling sidebar of text near the top of the front wall, informing the pilot of alien ships in the immediate area that UNE is offering a 700,000 credit reward for the successful capture of said ships. To the right of the pilot seat contains a board similar to that seen in the Mega Base for translating Kneall text to English, and to the left contains miscellaneous pictures of objects; including but not limited to: a diagram of a Kneall mechanical soldier (the ones you see at Aqueous II when it is level 1), and an image of a pizza slice holding balloons with a text description similar to the style of a documented SCP object. The back of the interior has a blast door behind some more strange force field material, although the teleporter to get out of the ship is located in front of the door.
- Incredibly high turn speed.
- Good line of sight with the turrets.
- Very high Turret firepower for a Dreadnought.
- DPS higher than most Dreadnoughts and even some Super Capitals.
- Good balanced health, similar to that of the Osiris.
- Great Spinal firepower.
- Has an overwhelming effectiveness in PvP against other Capital Ships, aside from very agile ships like the Cyber Leviathan, or the Helios.
- Will be hunted due to its rarity and expense.
- Very expensive. The Kneall Core requires 2 Alien Devices, which costs a ridiculous 30000 alien parts, not including the hard to find artifacts also required for the Kneall Core.
- Very inaccurate turrets; having similarly poor tracking accuracy against moving targets like Railguns, but with even worse base accuracy.
- This ship struggles to be effective against ships any smaller than a Battleship without the help of good spinal aim, due to the very inaccurate turrets.
- Due to its ambience, players may ask for you to despawn this ship.
- The quest for the Kneall Core, which is required to build this ship is a one time quest and the item itself cannot be sold or transferred. Meaning that if you lose it, you lose it forever.
- Must be somewhat facing forward towards an enemy to have all turrets hit and to aim spinals.
- Only use this ship in a fleet or if you are 100% sure you wont be dived.
- Watch out for swarms of small ships, as the ship is very vulnerable to them due to the inaccurate turrets.
- Don't be reckless with this ship; due to its power and expense, it is a high priority target.
- Always try to hit your spinals, they account for a large portion of your DPS.
- You can overpower most other Dreadnoughts with this, but be very wary of any surprise attacks from their team. Unless you have significant support you will likely be chased until you are destroyed.
- If you are skilled, you can dive weakened targets and quickly escape before people try to chase you, but this is very dangerous.
- Spinal firing interval nerfed from 0.1 seconds to 0.2 seconds on both spinals shortly after release of the ship in an unknown version.
- Health buffed from 8500 shields to 9000 shields and hull from 6000 to 7000. In return, the obliterator lost 2 auto kneall lasers but gained 2 huge spinal phasers and 2 huge spinal cannons in an unknown version
- Ambience was changed in version .75a3.
- Explosion Size 450 ----> 800 .75a12
- This ship has been referred to as the "Player Decimator" and "Prototype X-4"
- The first person to lose an Obliterator was MessHerUp to a Starbase's Starhunter.
- In the interior of the ship at the front wall, there is text written in alien language, spelling out "DECIMATOR" but backwards.
- One of the pictures on the left wall in the interior is an image of the Chad Swarmer, an Admin Ship.
- Excluding Kraken, which gets a portion of its DPS from slow moving Medium Torpedoes, this ship has the highest dps out of all dreadnoughts.
- A good method of getting alien parts requires waiting at mega base for somebody to sell some, and quickly buying them. Another option is asking for some, or simply hunting many, many aliens.
- The quest for the Kneall Core can be found at the Nautilus wreck, the quest for Dimensional Alloy can be found at Aqueous, and the quest for Thrust Components can be found at the Leviathan wreck.
- Obliterator, along with Kraken were supposed to be Limited ships. However, when they get removed, it caused a massive outrage in the community. So the developers had to concede and re-add these ships. Currently, even after half a year of being available, there is no plan of making Obliterator and Kraken off-sale.