The Vampire X-R4 is a sleek cruiser; something of a Formula racer in space. It has two small, wedge-like wings in the front and a set of four X-shaped wings in the back, hence the name "X-R4." This ship is also one of few ships in the game to rely heavily on textures for its model.
The interior of the Vampire X-R4 is a simple cockpit with a display.
- Tied with Stealth Recon as the 3rd fastest non-admin ship in the game, excluding fighters, only the Prototype X/1 and Coal Wasp have higher top speed.
- Decent damage balance, somewhat focused on Shields.
- Nearly impossible to kill, due to the combination of high speed and high health, especially for a Cruiser. This makes it one of the most powerful distractor ships in the game.
- Good damage output for a Cruiser.
- Expensive for a Cruiser.
- Relies on spinal aiming to deal any damage.
- Although it is maneuverable, it is easy to bleed off a large portion of your speed while turning and become vulnerable.
- Drift around enemy ships while firing Spinals.
- Distract Starbase turrets at close ranges during sieges.
- Use the high turn speed to easily dodge turret fire.
- Spinal count increased from 1 set of 2 Medium Phasers to 2 sets of 3 Medium Phasers in version .72e1
- One set of Spinals switched from Phasers to Cannons, top speed buffed from 296 to 350, and acceleration buffed from 29 to 35 in version .75a
- Added in the 1st part the Halloween 2020 Event.
- The Vampire X-R4 is mainly known for the extreme maneuverability.
- The first person to lose this ship was wayken70. It was destroyed by TwoHeadedOrthrus's Nightmare.
- You only need to kill 5 Alien Servs to have enough Gamma Pumpkins for this ship.
- The current model for Spectating Ship is based on this ship.
- Was released again in the new "Limited Edition (Permits)" Build menu, in version .72f. It can be obtained for a E class permit (310k credits) + 934 Sillicate, 712 Carbon, 579 Iridium along with 1346 manufacturing fee.