It excels at obliterating hulled ships with its massive hull-based firepower.
The Antares is long but thin Dreadnought that has a shape that resembles a submarine, with detailing and design extremely similar to its little sister Aludra, with various plating, pipes, and even grills detailed on the ship. On the back has its prominent "Orb" which is its most recognizable feature.
The Interior of the Antares is a nicely detailed small room with walls covered in ice and a snowflake symbol. On the middle of the room can be found the pilot seat which is facing a screen.
- Very high health for a Dreadnought.
- Extremely long range, making it suitable for Sieging.
- Insane hull damage output, at a Hull DPS of 412, making Antares an amazing diving ship.
- Slim frame when pointing towards targets making it harder to hit.
- High alpha makes it great for diving ships.
- Slow maneuverability.
- Large blind-spot at the back of the ship, where there is little to no firepower.
- Struggles engaging against small ships.
- Little to no shield-based weapons means it will do little to no damage against shields.
- Prioritize hulled targets, or ships with hull-based health such as the Armageddon.
- Use the high firepower on this ship to dive and chase down vulnerable or isolated Capital Ships.
- During a siege, stay out of base range and shoot your Torpedoes.
- Learn how far ahead of your targets you need to fire your torpedoes to hit them, and adjust based on their speed. Torpedoes do a lot of damage and aiming them properly can help you destroy ships much faster.
- Use your high range to your advantage in Sieges.
- It is very hard to take out small ships with this so bring AA support with you.
- Bring a shield shredder like the Zeus or Sagittarius with you to quickly cripple or destroy enemy capital ships.
- Buffed in version .75a5. 1 medium flak and 1 dual cannon were swapped out for 2 Heavy Icy Artillery Cannons. 2 heavy point defense lasers swapped out for 2 Super LR lasers. Torpedo interval reduced to 0.1. Speed buffed to 60 and acceleration buffed to 15. Turn speed was buffed to 0.15. Hull health increased from 6000 to 6500.
- Hull and Shields buffed to 8,800 and 7,200 in an unknown verwsion
- Re-released during the Christmas Event 2022 in version 75a37.
- Has a little sister; The Aludra.
- Most of its turrets are what seems to be Myriad's, but colored differently.
- One of the few ships to have Huge Torpedoes.
- In its description it says that the Ice Monster raised the ship from ice sheets, while with every other 2019 Christmas ship has been taken over by the Ice (except for the Snowfall).
- The first player to lose an Antares was Krusadr007, to an Atlas.
- Despite its name, it is not related to the Antares Comet (Part of the Christmas 2020 event), which was known for crashing into Aqueous II, in addition to offering the Crystocrene for 75 snowflakes and 150k credits.