This ship is an Advanced ship. It is a powerful, semi-limited ship that stands out among others of its class and may require special build materials or quests.
Note that the quest for Borealis is NOT in Advanced Ship Computers, instead, the quest is detailed in this Page.
The Borealis is an extremely powerful Advanced Carrier.
The Borealis is a large Advanced Carrier which carries 12 Blitzes.
This ship has enormous firepower from its Fighters, making it useful for Sieges and Fleet battles.
The Borealis has a rather industrial look and has a mostly greyscale colour scheme with splashes of orange here and there. The ship has a very long profile and its dorsal side is littered with various grey, white and orange armour plates, along with many turrets. There are 6 fighter bays on the Borealis, which fits 2 Blitz, and each bay opens up to both the port and starboard surfaces of the ship. On its ventral side, towards the front of the ship, is a large vertical fin-like protrusion which hosts one turret on both its port and starboard sides each, a feature similar to a hydrofoil-like fin underneath its counterpart. The interior of the Borealis is taken up almost entirely by the fighter bay. What few decorations exist are limited to the pilot seat room, which has a large Yellow orb and a throne-like pilot's seat with a simple control board.
- Armed with a decent arsenal of Turrets.
- Extremely High DPS for a carrier with fighters, standing at a monstrous 1050 DPS combined, rivaling that of Retro Nyx.
- Large health pool of 27,000 Shields and 22,500 Hull.
- It has more consistent Fighter firepower than other carriers of because the Blitz's high turret firepower.
- Has the ability to support itself without its fighters.
- Extremely slow.
- Large and easy to hit, especially from underneath or behind it.
- Large blindspots under and behind the ship.
- Extremely expensive due to it being an Advanced Ship especially as a Carrier, especially requiring a Weapons Part.
- Do not use this ship alone. If you do so, travel with a heavy escort that you can trust.
- Target AA ships like the Hyron or Ampharos so your fighters don't die.
- Never go alone if you do not have fighters.
- It can be used as a support Carrier in sieges by carrying Fighters to distract enemy Starbases, as well as providing great support from its large fighter swarm.
- Watch out for fleets of Dreadnoughts that have the aim of defeating you.
- Try not to engage when you don't have fighters. This ship is only extremely powerful when paired with its fighters.
- Go to the bottom of the map, right at the border and release the fighters from below your enemy. Do this because majority of your turrets are on top of the ship so you can fire on anyone who attempts to attack you.
- Warp in, release all your fighters and then warp out as soon as you can to your nearest or strongest Starbase if you don't want to risk your ship.
- One of the ships to receive an event remodel during the Halloween Event 2018. The remodel is known as the Skeletal Ghostealis.
- Shields reduced from 12000 to 9000, 4 Light Gatling Lasers and 2 Medium Cannons replaced with 2 Heavy Flak Cannons and 7 Quantum Cannons, Blitz spawns reduced from 16 to 6, re-classified as an Advanced Ship and received a remodel in version .69e
- Got stripped of its Advanced Ship class, and put back on the build menu, shields increased from 9000 to 12000 and 7 Quantum Cannons changed to 7 Heavy Flak Cannons in version .69f, which caused a very massive price increase.
- Received a total turret loadout overhaul, lost 1200m³ of Cargo Hold Space and price was massively reduced so it is somewhat feasible to get in version .72d.
- 3 Medium Cannons replaced with 3 Quad Advanced Cannons in version .72d.
- Shields reduced from 12000 to 11000 in version .73a3.
- Fighter teleport fixed in version .73b8.
- Reclassified to an Advanced Ship again in version .73a37.
- Its quest can be found inside Mega Base, in a hidden location.
- Has a reskin variant; The Skeletal Ghostealis.
- The fourth ship to require a Weapons Part (Formerly Kraken) and the third ship currently to require a Weapons Part, other than the Prototypes.
- The only ship that was reclassified as an Advanced Ship 2 times.
- Used to be based on a ship of the same name from Starpoint Gemini Warlords.
- The current model has a very similar style to the Hyperion's original model.
- The vertical front part looks similar to Ampharos' lower part.