The Patriotic Rorqual was released as a July 4th Event ship. There are special features that set it apart from the Rorqual. Equipped with 4 Patriotic Mining Lasers, with 6,500 stud range it makes Patriotic Rorqual overall a much more efficient miner than the normal Rorqual. The mining and money making potential is higher than the M Class. Since the Patriotic Rorqual values capitalism so much, it doesn't change to the faction color due to the power of America by its side. Takes a minimum of ~156 seconds to fill up its hold.
The Patriotic Rorqual has an interior very similar to that of the original Rorqual. However, the left and right walls are a pure, bright blue, the back and front walls are white, and the floor is covered in dark red carpet. The pilots' seat is white and has a control panel directly in front of it, ending with the panel having colorful buttons & a picture of John F. Kennedy on the top side.
- High health for a Miner.
- Faster than Rorqual.
- Large range (6500 studs).
- Slow and large, making it vulnerable coupled with the fact that it has no defenses.
- Pirates and Aliens often target Miners.
- Pirates (player) are more likely to target you because of the fact that the Patriotic Rorqual is extremely rare.
- Despite being rare and expensive, the Patriotic Rorqual is outmatched by the Orca's mining speed and Ore Hold.
- Don't mine in War.
- Avoid factions that are vulnerable to War.
- Utilize your high health for tanking out attacks from Aliens and keep on mining.
- If possible, mine in a VIP Server to avoid pirating players. However, Aliens still do spawn.
- Try to check your map every 20 seconds for Aliens and other enemies.
- Try to find a Faction that has a lot of Ores clusters around its Starbase and not as many Miners.
- If you are mining in a Faction that is at War, only mine near your Starbase.
- Due to the fact that it is a limited ship use it rarely.
- Released in version update .62c2.
- Received a small color change adding blue (color updated to a more sharper, but realistic version).
- Received a buff that increased the Ore Hold from 5000 to 5850 and a nerf that decreased the mining range from 7000 studs to 5000 studs.
- Received a nerf that lowered its mining power from 30 m/s to 24 m/s.
- Was nerfed again in update .62d7, which reduced its Ore Hold from 5850 to 5200 and Cargo Hold from 1170 to 750.
- Reverted a nerf, increasing its mining power from 24 m/s to 30 m/s and increased its range from 5000 to 7000 in .64c.
- Was nerfed again in version .65a6, reducing its Cargo Hold from 750 to 520.
- Re-released for 2020 Fourth of July event.
- Ore Hold reduced from 5200 to 5000 in version .70a because of ship refund restrictions.
- Ore Hold increased to 5500 in version .72e4
- Shield was decreased by 250 points (5,250 to 5,000) in version .75a10.
- Was given a fourth Patriotic Mining Laser, and its range was extended from 6,175 to 6,500 studs. It's Ore Hold was extended from 5,500 to 6,500 in version .75a10.
- An event ship for The 4th of July (American independence day) 2018 celebration.
- Was released along with the Patriotic Hercules.
- Only takes around 2.5 – 3 minutes to fill up its Ore Hold.
- When the Patriotic Rorqual’s Mining Lasers were nerfed, the Mining Lasers had a max mining range of 5000 to 5100.
- The flags on the Patriotic Rorqual have 48 stars instead of 50 stars.
- Was the tied with the M Class for fastest Miner (in mining speed) until the Galaxy was added.
- There's a picture of John F. Kennedy in the interior.
- Brings in about 6,800 Credits without any Loyalty per run, but can earn up to 12,000 - 14,000 Credits.
- It was shortly re-released in the 2019 Black Friday event.
- Re-released for the 2020 Fourth Of July event.
- Used to be way better than the Woolly Mammoth before the Patriotic Rorqual got nerfed severely. Today, the Patriotic Rorqual feels like nothing compared to the now over-powered Woolly Mammoth.