What the Slipstream lacks in shield integrity it makes up for with sheer Hull strength. Its speed of 140 makes it faster than all other Dreadnoughts in the game excluding the SR-71. This ship's speed and decent firepower makes it great for being a multipurpose ship. All these combined, the Slipstream can be used as a multi-role ship like other Advanced Ships.
The Slipstream is the tallest ship in the game, and also one of the thinnest capital ships. It features a large fin on top of the ship, as well as an even larger one on the bottom, and has many orbital turrets around the ship. The ship sports a unique color palette with orange-yellow and blue detailing around the ship. In the middle, there can be text in Alien Language that says "Peace For All".
The Interior is pretty simple, having a cockpit and two terminals at the right and left side of the pilot's seat and a hologram in front of the seat. There are also a few decorative elements.
- The highest turret DPS of any Dreadnoughts at 363, close to Deity's DPS of 383.
- Turrets have good placement and a decent line of sight and can shoot behind the ship.
- One of the fastest Dreadnoughts at 120 max speed, faster than most Battleships and even some Battlecruisers.
- High Hull health, making it strong against shield-breakers.
- Versatile Dreadnought to dive ships with, having high firepower and speed to chase its target.
- High turn speed for a Dreadnought.
- Very versatile for a Dreadnought, It can chase hulled ships, being a support in sieging Starbases, and fighting other Capital Ships.
- Can outmaneuver most Dreadnoughts, making it useful in PvP as well.
- Weak Shields compared to Hull, making it susceptible to hull-breakers like the Ridgebreaker.
- Tall build makes it easier for Spinals to land a hit on the ship vertically. However, this can be fixed by turning the ship sideways.
- Difficult for all Turrets to fire at once unless pointing directly in front of the target.
- Low accuracy for most of its weapons.
- Has difficulty docking if other large ships are under it.
- Advanced ship on a limited rotation, meaning it will be expensive and cannot be re-obtained until it is back in rotation.
- Use the excellent Turret Placement and mobility to fight other Ships.
- If you line up correctly with an enemy ship chasing you, the chances to hit it at 100% speed will Increase.
- Use this to chase down Ships and miners to abuse its powerful speed and damage.
- You can drift at full speed by turning your ship 90 Degrees at full speed then pressing Z or C, depending on your drifting direction.
- When going against Spinal focused ships, exploit their requirement to travel and keep a long distance to dodge the Spinals with its speed, while picking away at the enemy's health.
- Avoid large groups of skilled Battlecruisers, as just 3 Aeaphiels can heavily damage or even destroy you.
- Always keep an eye on your health, this ship is extremely expensive, and you might not afford losing it.
- Use the excellent maneuverability to dodge the fire of stronger PvP ships that require their spinals to deal damage.
- Try not to use it as a flagship in sieges, it can’t tank for very long and has mostly low range turrets. Instead use it to fight off defensive enemy ships or to support heavy sieging ships.
- Easily pirate defenseless miners and freighters with the speed and turret firepower.
- 2-3 of these, much like the triple Osiris, can easily cut down dreadnoughts and fight against most Super Capitals. Don't be afraid to take on lone dreadnoughts, though stay vigilant as lone dreadnoughts may be a bait.
- Hull buffed from 6150 to 7150 and turn speed increased from 0.07 to 0.1 in .65b.
- Turn speed increased to 0.19 from 0.1 in .65b.
- Hull buffed from 7150 to 8850 in version .66b??, Medium Lasers replaced with Point Defense Lasers.
- Hull buffed again from 8850 to 10,150 in version .66b
- Remodel added in version .66b
- Top speed increased to 120 in version .68e.
- 4 Capital Cannons changed to 2 Heavy Railguns and 2 Heavy Flak Cannons in version .69a1.
- Received a major overhaul in .72d4, 2 Heavy Railguns removed for an extra 2 Heavy Flak cannons, shield buffed from 1850 to 2750, hull nerfed from 10150 to 9850, turn speed buffed from 0.21 to 0.24, cargo hold nerfed from 300 to 40.
- Around .75.9-75.10[Cant pinpoint], It got offsale and Re-added on Rotation as an Advanced Ship, The Previous guns changed to 4 Triple Heavy Lasers and 6 Triple Heavy Cannons. cargo hold nerfed to 850, Speed changed from 125 to 140.
- Explosion Size 1000 ----> 850 .75a12
- The first vertically oriented ship in the game.
- Resembles the Myrmidon and Naglfar from EVE Online.
- Often referred to as the "Slipmeme"
- The Alien text on the side of the Ship says "PEACE FOR ALL" despite the Slipstream being a deadly Dreadnought.
- One of the few vertical ships along with the Ampharos, Mjolnheimr, Khapri and Halkaryak.
- Turned into an Advanced Ship for reasons unknown.
- One of the only 3 ships that has an affiliation with the alien race Slarfie, the other ships being the Hevnetier and the Kodiak.